Sunday, December 18, 2011
Sunday, November 27, 2011
Sunday, November 6, 2011
Tuesday, November 1, 2011
My only major complaint is that I didn't like the venue at Llandovery Farms in Ocho Rios. Let's just say that it was really a farm and smelled like one. The party had all the frills such as massages, make up, carnival costumes, coffee stations, but for me, it's all about the food, drinks, parking and toilets. I have to note that after paying JA$6500, I expected that there will be food even at 8:00pm, so I was kinda hungry. The line at the toilets wasn't funny. Promoters need to learn that that once you have plenty women in a drinks inclusive party, they are going to want to pee very often so have more toilets!
Tuesday, October 18, 2011
Tuesday, October 4, 2011
Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Okay ......So for the persons who didn't get in Fantasy Band sorry to hear that, in kartel voice "Nat Nice" .......you kno what i realize if you not begging, paying a fee to get in, jumping through hoops or someone on the committee KNoWS YOU masqueraders just don't want to play in yuh band they just addicted to rejection and LOVE to beg to GIVE their money away .........Ronnie & Caro, Island Peop...le, Dream Team, De Krewe, Trini Revellers, Legacy, Genesis, just to name a few-----> let me tell you how to get in Step 1. go view your costume at the mascamp....Step 2. make your deposit ...Step 3. payoff and collect your costumes on said date AND Step 4. play with a crew that is not stuck up, sucky or party poopers and you will enjoy yourselves on the road..........
Monday, September 5, 2011
Saturday, August 20, 2011
Thursday, August 18, 2011
Wednesday, August 10, 2011
Sunday, August 7, 2011
Sunday, July 24, 2011
Thursday, July 7, 2011
Monday, June 27, 2011
Friday, June 17, 2011
The higher ups were appalled when my response to these supposedly pornographic photos is: "so what?". What do you expect from me? Shame for enjoying myself? Shame for looking hott in a blue mini dress? hell no!
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
Friday, May 13, 2011
Tuesday, May 3, 2011
Monday, May 2, 2011
Thursday, April 28, 2011
- MAC blotting powder
- Clean and Clear blotting sheets
- Blistex lip balm
- MAC lipglass
- Mini toothpaste and toothbrush
- Antibacterial wipes
- Mini sunblock
- Band aid
- Safety pins
- Clear nail polish
- My extra pair of tights!
- Stretch tights before wearing.
- Spray a light mist of hairspray to strengthen the fibres.
- Place your two thumbs inside one of the while sitting or standing.
- Place your index, middle and ring fingers along the outside of the tights.
- Roll the tights leg up to the toe of the hose, using the thumb, index, middle and ring fingers of both hands, while allowing the tights to bunch loosely in the palms of your hands.
- Widen the opening of the tights for your foot by stretching the tights outward by securing the tights with the tips of your thumbs and pulling outward.
- Place your big toe inside the rolled tights by bending your knee and pointing your big toe.
- Slowly glide the tights over your foot, heel, up your leg and over your knee and up to your crotch using your hands, while unrolling the tights as needed.
- Repeat the same process for your other leg.
- Pull the panty of the tights over your buttocks and rest the waistband of the tights on your waist.
- Remember this is a slow process so don't rush it.
- Trim nails prior to putting on the tights.
- Remove jewelry as well.
- If in doubt, wear surgical gloves especially if you are wearing acrylic nails.
- If you really particular like me, walk with an extra pair.
- If not, walk with clear nail polish to stop any runs.
Luckily my Avalon costume has plastic gems so they won't damage the tights. If your costume has metal gems, you can coat them with clear nail polish. If there are any sharp hanging decorations and you want to keep your tights run-free, remove them...trust me I've learnt this the hard way...
Thursday, April 21, 2011
Tuesday, April 19, 2011
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
Friday, April 8, 2011
Thursday, April 7, 2011
- Use some kind of base to help reduce sweat like an antishine, milk of magnesia or even monistat chafing relief works as a great primer.
- Ask about the brand of foundation and powder; a foundation with SPF is always is a plus.
- If in doubt, carry your own but note that your everyday brand may not be the best for the road.
- Indicate the colors of your costume to the artist to provide an easy match.
- If you can see a sample of the eye shadow, take advantage of it.
- The make up should also compliment the headpiece.
- If you are wearing face gems, ensure the artist can apply them well and that the size and colours match your costume.
- Ensure that the artist uses a good glue such as spirit gum to apply the gems even if they are self adhesive.
- If you are doing false eyelashes; do a dry run to ensure you are using the right brand and that they are comfortable or just get them professionally done beforehand.
- A fix it spray is always good. I like the MAC fix it spray.
- On average,application can take up to 30 minutes so plan your appointment early enough to get to the shuttle in time.
- Also the location of the artist should be considered when making your appointment.
- On the road walk with your blotting sheets or blotting powder (don't wipe sweat! BLOT!), lip balm and lip gloss.
Tuesday, April 5, 2011
So this is how Simone Morgan from the Jamaica Observer felt about Shurwayne Winchester's performance at mas camp on Friday night: "Camp trembled with excitement on Friday night as the soca prince T&T's Shurwayne Winchester and his band Y.O.U. ignited a bacchanal flame that blazed for the duration of his hour and a half-long performance. Filled with energy, sparks and melodious lyrics the Trinidad and Tobago artiste had the revellers at Mas Camp easily under his command as he delivered a string of hits including Murda, Dont Stop, Tempo, Cant Wait, Party Hard, Wutlis, Wine to the Side, Wine on a Town Ting and Paparazzi...."
Again, I'm not sure about Ms. Morgan's review but this performance was boring at its best. This is the first time that I've seen Shurwayne perform with his band, Y.O.U. after he left Traffik. I always say that not all persons are well equipped to leave their band and Shurwayne is one of them. It was difficult for him to carry some of the songs on his own such as Wine to the side, Town ting, Wotless and Palance....the vibe just wasn't there and his voice didn't hold up to complete the verses. But he did do well with his own compositions- Don't stop, De Band Coming and Dead or Alive which went well with the crowd. He also got the crowd to respond to his water throwing demands which I think is just dumb. I hate to see people waste good water especially since this time last year, we were experiencing a severe shortage of water, and it's just plain inconsiderate to throw a drink on other patrons. But the people love this so give them what they want. And of course the crowd loved the island identification session- "Anybody from..."; let's just say that the Bajans were either pretty quiet that night or just stayed at home....
After the show, Kurt Riley attempted to play some tunes to end the night. What's wrong with Kurt Riley? It was such an amateur session...1 song-stop-talk-play same song-stop-talk some more-play same song- stop- talk louder- talk-same song. So he played 2 songs within half of an hour. And people argue with me that he's the best soca DJ in Jamaica...whatever....
So this Friday, Iwer George will be there so I'm definitely sitting that one out..and preparing for my boy Kees <3
*** the pic came from the Observer since my photographer fire the wuk...so I'm looking for a new photographer :)
Friday, April 1, 2011
Monday, March 28, 2011
Saturday, March 26, 2011
Thursday, March 24, 2011
The Monday wear situation still sucks for me. It is now an indisputable fact that costumes cannot hold up for 2 days, so bandleaders don't even try and convince me to wear a part of my costume on Monday with shorts. I don't understand why other bands that cost the same or less than Bliss offered some kind of Monday wear. Even when I played with Spice, I didn't get why we had to pay an additional cost for the Spice tshirt. However, I saw persons in really creative outfits on Monday. Maybe I'll get something customized for my Monday wear next year.