Powered By Blogger

Saturday, August 20, 2011

31 is just a number...

Being 31 always seemed soooo old and as a teenager I never thought I would be this old!


I know a lot of women lie about their age simply because we've been taught to fear aging and the physical changes that accompany it. I am really fine with being 31 even though I wished I had my Phd and never gained so much weight ...sigh. But I've achieved a lot academically and professionally. I also have great family support, the coolest friends and an amazing life partner. I don't rent but pay a mortgage and my car starts each morning. I also don't have any major health problems; nor do any of my family members. I could go on about all the blessings that I have been granted but the point is that not having a Phd and dealing with an embarrassing muffin top are not so bad because there are so many positive things happening that I don't have any excuse to be unhappy.


This quote from the Dalai Lama will be my motto for the year of 31- "Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions". I hope you create your own happiness as well....

No comments:

Post a Comment